Monday, September 24, 2012
Attitude
Awhile back I was reading through a fellow mother of multiples blog (as I often do) and she was writing about how much attitude counts toward your kids. I was thinking this morning how its so true, as with anything in life. If you go into something thinking you cant, you probably wont, & if you wake up thinking how bad your day is going to be, it most likely will be. I've realized there are 2 different ways I can choose to look at caring for my two babies every day. I can think "Geeze, I have to take care of two babies all day. Most people only have one to care for." OR, I can go into it thinking, "I'm so lucky. I only have two babies to take care of. Lots of moms have triplets, quads, or even quintuplets. And TONS of moms have several children of all different ages to take care of. Plenty of those children have disabilities or impairments that may require even extra care and/or attention. I am so fortunate to have two very happy, healthy children to take care of every day. They ADD joy to my day, every day, and I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids instead of having to drop them off at day care and go to work. I know lots of moms dont have the option to stay home & wish so badly that they could. Some days I find myself needing to remind myself of this & how blessed I am. My husband works hard all (and I mean, all) day, 6 days a week, so that we are all provided for. Who could ask for more?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this post! I need to be reminded of the same thing some times. When my boys turned 18 months old, things got a lot easier. Now they're two, and it's getting even better, but it's tough not being able to go outside during the winter months. Argh! But, I love your blog. Like seeing other Moms of Multiples. :-)
ReplyDelete