Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"It's GO TIME!"

At around 3:30AM on October 29, 2011, my water began to break. I had never experienced this before, so I wasnt sure what was going on. The symptoms continued for almost 2 hours before I finally decided to call the doctor's office to see what I should do. Of course it was a Saturday morning at 5:30, but thank goodness they have a 24/7 answering service! I was told to go to the hospital to get checked out to make sure everything was okay, so I woke up my husband and let him know what was going on. He immediately jumped up and said "Okay, it's go time!" [Somehow he knew!]

We arrived at the hospital, and after being checked out it was apparent that my water had broken and that our boys were ready to come out. Chris made all the important phone calls and it was my decision whether I wanted to deliver naturally or have a c-section since both boys were head down. I never had the desire to deliver naturally and didnt want to be in labor for who-knows-how-long, so I was really pushing for a c-section. It worked out in my favor, because Colt (Baby "B") flipped around and was breech. The c-section was scheduled for 12 noon, and the hours leading up to it were extremely nerve-racking.

I was so nervous and anxious. For months all I had wanted was to get these boys out, and the day had finally come (weeks earlier than expected, for that matter) and I was a nervous wreck.

...Did I mention I was nervous?!?!

I finally got my epidural, and off I went to the delivery room. I was FREAKING out! 

Surgery began, and at 12:41PM, Clay Austin came into this world, and at 12:42PM, Colt Jackson made his debut! It only felt like 45 seconds or so in between them. Both boys came out with very strong cries and after their assessment, it was decided they were so healthy they didnt need to go to the NICU! Off they went to the regular nursery! 

We were elated!

Here are the boys right after they were brought into my room for everyone to see!



My father-in-law, Ken, and my husband, Chris



My mom with the boys



Awww.....



<3 beyond precious <3



<3 Our family <3


No comments:

Post a Comment